Each year, LifePoint Church collects and distributes Thanksgiving meals to families in our local area. Last year we were able to hand out just over 20 meals to families from our church as well as partnering with Illahee Elementary. This year we have a goal to bless 100 families over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday. We will again be partnering with Illahee as well as Harmony Elementary. If you know of a family who is in need as the holidays approach, please contact the church office.
Each basket supplies the family with the fixings for a full Thanksgiving meal. The cost to put together a full basket is approximately $25.
There are many ways you can get involved in this outreach.
- You can donate non-perishable items anytime from now until Nov. 18th for Thanksgiving and Dec. 16th for Christmas.
- Monetary donations can also be designated in an offering to LPC (give online here).
- You can help package meals (Time and date to be announced).
- You can volunteer to help at the collection location on a Sunday morning (Contact Christy Briggs or Kim Goff)
- You can help deliver baskets directly to families (sign-up at the collection location in the lobby on a Sunday).
Items we will be collecting for these baskets:
Pie Filling (Fruit/Pumpkin)
You won’t regret taking part in blessing others this holiday season. Engage the mission of Jesus with us at LifePoint!